After reading the list below, please contact us with any questions, to set up a sponsor, co-sponsor, item donation or to arrange a meeting time to learn more about volunteering.
- Sponsoring or co-sponsoring the SSFRE barn lease. Our barn is going to be lease is $1200 monthly
- Sponsoring or co-sponsoring a rescue horse. This would include all the feed, vet and farrier bills and barn space for an SSFRE horse until adopted. On average, if the horse is up to date, this would be around $100-$150/mo. As a sponsor or co-sponsor, you would receive updates on your horse and photos as often as possible! Some horses may need professional training to make them easier to adopt out, and this could be included. Due to time constraints, Carolyn prefers to send some of the unbroken, green ones for 30 days with John Kenoyer, who is $800/mo for excellent care and training.
- Fund raising your own way with your own idea as we have 501c3 status
- Direct donating to the general fund (hay, bedding, extra's) please contact us at email@example.com for a mailing address.
- Purchasing Tractor Supply Company gift cards for the "extras"
- Donating items that our horses or barn may need.
- "Sharing" our adoptable horses on Facebook and passing the word along to your non Facebook friends.
- Volunteering to help at the farm: this could include riding if skilled as well as other horse and barn related work. Wherever there are horses, there is never a shortage of things needing to be done. If you are contemplating becoming a new horse owner, this would be an excellent way to learn proper care and horsemanship.